Serving areas of Okemos, Lansing, and East Lansing, MI
Providing Precise & Proficient Procedures
It has long been predicted that lasers are the future. Lasers are proliferating everywhere you look, even in our dental office. They’ve never been more effective! At Dr. Christine Tenaglia’s office, our experienced dental team provides safe, personalized, and proficient laser dentistry services. This new and exciting area of dentistry offers a vast range of benefits to patients who use it. Whether you have gum or soft tissue problems, certain mouth infections, tooth decay, or need teeth whitening, our laser dentistry in Okemos might be the perfect solution for you and your smile.
Contact us online or feel free to call us today at (517) 347-6733 to speak with our knowledgeable team and learn more about our laser dentistry in Okemos!
Powerful Solutions for a Variety of Problems
There are many benefits to using laser dentistry as opposed to traditional dentistry. Precise control of the laser output allows for treatment of a highly specific area without harming the surrounding soft and hard tissues. Fortunately, Dr. Tenaglia has more than 25+ years of in-depth dental experience and is highly trained and skilled in using laser dentistry to treat our patients. Using this method of treatment, we have helped countless patients successfully resolve their dental problems. We can help you too!
Laser dentistry can be used for the following purposes, and more:
- Treating gum disease. The lasers can be used to remove bacteria and reshape gums while root canal procedures are underway.
- Teeth whitening procedures. Our laser can be used to enhance teeth whitening by activating peroxide bleaching solutions, thereby speeding up the overall process.
- Biopsy procedures. Our lasers can remove tiny pieces of tissue to check for pathology, remove mouth lesions, and relieve pain associated with canker sores.
- Removing tooth decay. The lasers are capable of removing decayed tooth substance and preparing the surrounding area for a filling, crown, or other material.
The benefits of laser dentistry are endless and include:
- Procedures performed using lasers generally do not require stitches or sutures due to their noninvasive nature.
- Many laser dentistry procedures do not require anesthesia since nearly all of them are painless.
- Bacterial infections are minimized because the laser is a beam of intense energy that sterilizes the site.
- Surrounding tissues are rarely affected
- Laser sites typically heal faster
Contact us online or feel free to call us today at (517) 347-6733 to speak with our knowledgeable team!