Ever wonder if you are doing everything right for your mouth?
Here are some dental dos and dont’s:
- Brush your teeth at least twice a day, and try to floss daily. This is key to keeping your teeth healthier and whiter!
- See a dentist at least every 6 months! They will be able to detect cavities and other oral issues.
- Change your tooth brush regularly. A tooth brush should be changed every 3-6 months
- Replace your tooth brush after you have suffered an illness to prevent the risk of getting yourself sick again.
- Use a mouth rinse that contains fluoride to help protect your teeth from cavities by keeping the enamel strong.
- SMOKE! Smoking is bad for your teeth and health. It is also the leading cause of gum disease.
- Brush your teeth too hard. Brush gently because aggressive brushing can do more harm than good.
- Snack often throughout the day. Junk food, especially sweets lead to tooth decay.
- Brush your teeth in the shower to save time. This is wasteful and ultimately does not save you any time.
- Fear the dentist! If you avoid the dentist now, you will likely pay for it down the road.