Committing to just 10 percent of organic foods, makes measurable improvements in the environment, treatment of animals, and soil health.
By choosing at least one organic product out of every 10 items you purchase helps by:
- 98 million servings of drinking water would be free of toxic pesticides each day.
- 53 million serving of produce would be produced without toxic pesticides each day.
- 20 million servings of milk would be produced without rBGH or antibiotics each day.
- 2.9 billion barrels of imported oil would be eliminated each year.
- 25,800 square miles of degraded soils would be converted to rich, highly productive crop soils.
- Assure 915 million animals are treated more humanely
- Eliminate 2.5 million pounds of antibiotics used in livestock each year.
- Capture 6.5 billion pounds of carbon in the soil.