What should parent know about children’s dental health?
- Start brushing as soon as the first tooth appears
- Use a small about of toothpaste ( about the size of a pea)
- Start a good routine- having a routine helps brushing and flossing habits for later in life.
- Keep brushing your teeth fun! Play the child’s favorite song or have a tooth brushing game.
- Generally, we would like the child to see the dentist around age 2 or 3.
Other tips and suggestions:
- The American Dental Association recommends the 2.2.2. plan, Visit the dentist 2x a year, brush your teeth 2x a day, for 2 minutes.
- Check out their website for more information- http://www.ada.org/en/public-programs/national-childrens-dental-health-month